• Home
  • Top News
  • IS claims responsibility for cocktail attack on Dhaka police
International Top News

IS claims responsibility for cocktail attack on Dhaka police

Militant activity watchdog SITE Intelligence Group has said that the Middle East based militant outfit Islamic State (IS) claimed responsibility for the cocktail bomb attack on police in Dhaka.

The attack took place at around 8:30pm on Monday in front of a shopping complex on the south side of Gulistan underpass.

Two traffic policemen and one Ansar member were injured in the blast.

“I know about the matter. It is being investigated whether the attack was carried out by the IS or not. Investigation is being carried out by keeping everything under consideration,” said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Shibli Noman, when asked about the matter.

SITE Intelligence had previously informed about IS’s claim of responsibility of the 2016 terrorist attack on Holey Artisan Bakery in Gulshan, according to a bdnews24 report.

The police have filed a case against some unidentified people in the Gulistan attack, said Noman.

Related posts

Criticisms of govt is welcome, says PM

Emon Hajong Mohon

The Ellis Island Medal of Honor to Dr. John Bilezikian

Emon Hajong Mohon

France for consolidating democracy, Shahriar foresees fair polls

Emon Hajong Mohon

Leave a Comment